- Price: The cost is $295 USD
- Course Duration: 6 weeks
- Location: Online
- Content Availability: New content provided weekly
- Suggested Allocated Time: 2 to 3 hours per week
- Mental Health Professional CEU Availability: No
- Prerequisite: None
In this article, learn more about:
- Who is this course for?
- When can I access the course?
- Weekly time commitment
- Course pacing
- What does this course cover? What will I learn?
- Course materials
- Live Webinars
- Financial Assistance
Who Is This For?
This 6-week training is designed for educators, caregivers, and those who work in service of youth. There is no prerequisite or prior experience required for this course. Both beginners and those with significant mindfulness experience find this training deeply impactful.
When can I access the course material?
You can login and access the course any time, according to your own schedule. We release new content each week. This means that you won't be able to access week two of your course unless you've completed week one AND one week has passed since the course began.
How much time will I need to devote to the course each week?
We estimate that, for most participants, this course will take between 2 to 3 hours per week.
Is the course self-paced? Can I go through it on my own schedule?
You're not required to be online at any specific time, and can work through the course at your own pace. That said, we highly recommend you keep up with the course from one week to the next to ensure you can interact with classmates while learning the new material.
What does this course cover? What will I learn?
- Understand the research supporting self-compassion
- Learn and practice techniques to reduce educator and caregiver fatigue
- Respond to negative thought patterns with self-kindness
- Utilize compassion as a motivation rather than self-criticism
- Apply strategies to transform difficult relationships
- Develop an open heart and resilience through self-appreciation
- Integrate core practices into daily life
- Week 1: What is Self-Compassion
- Week 2: Practicing Self Compassion
- Week 3: Discovering your Compassionate Voice
- Week 4: Self-Compassion and Building Resilience
- Week 5: Self-Compassion, Burnout and Caregiver Fatigue
- Week 6: The Art of Savoring and Self-Appreciation
Course Materials and Support
In addition to online instructional videos, toolkits, and assignments, this training is supported by three (3) LIVE Webinars facilitated by a member of our training team.
- 24 Videos with talks, demos, and instruction
- 3 LIVE Webinars guided by our training team
- Toolkits with research and guided exercises and assignments
- Cohorts for peer conversation, reflection, and connection
Self Compassion for Educators has 3 one-hour webinars that include instruction on the content taught during that same week. These live sessions are facilitated by an Online Course Guide and are an opportunity for participants to meet with other course participants and to receive practice support as a community. These will be offered in weeks 2, 4, and 6.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide financial assistance or group discounts for this course. This course is being offered in partnership with the Center for Mindful Self Compassion.
Click here to Register for Self Compassion for Educators.