- Price: $595 - Currently available for $495 USD
- Course Duration: 6 hours of online content, 6 months access to LIVE Coaching Calls
- Location: Online
- Content Availability: All online content available upon enrollment
- Educator Graduate Level Credits Availability: Yes
- Prerequisite: 101: Mindfulness Foundations and 201: Mindfulness in the Classroom
In this article, learn more about:
- Who is this course for?
- Professional Credits
- Course time commitment
- When can I access the course?
- LIVE Coaching Calls
- What does this course cover? What will I learn?
- Course content
- Financial Assistance
What are the prerequisites?
301: School Implementation Clinic is designed for educators who have an established mindfulness practice and experience implementing mindfulness practices to students, but need support in working with adults and/or advocating for a mindfulness program at their school. As such, we require that participants take 101: Mindfulness Foundations and 201: Mindfulness in the Classroom prior to participating in this clinic.
(Completion of previous Mindful Schools courses, Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials also fulfills the prerequisite for 301: School Implementation Clinic.)
Who is this course for?
301: School Implementation Clinic is for educators who are passionate about implementing a mindfulness program across all aspects of their school community. Perhaps you need help proposing a mindfulness program to your school principal, or require support in developing a professional development session for your school's staff. This clinic will provide the necessary tools, community, and expertise to help you get there.
This course is not intended to prepare participants to serve as outside providers.
How can I receive professional credits for this course?
Educators may apply for and receive Educator Graduate Level Credits after completing their course. Educator GLCs are offered through our partner organization, Courses 4 Teachers, an affiliate of University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA.
For more information, please see our article on professional credits.
For participants of our courses who cannot benefit from Educator GLCs, we recommend discussing our courses with your governing board to see if you can receive professional development credit for completing our trainings.
How much time will I need to devote to the course each week?
We estimate that, for most participants, the online content of the School Implementation Clinic will take approximately six hours to complete. In addition to the online content, you will have access to monthly, live, one-hour Coaching Calls for six months.
When can I access the course material?
301: School Implementation Clinic is an on-demand course. You will have access to all of the online course materials within one business day of your registration. You will not need to wait for the modules to unlock week by week - rather, all of the content is open to you at once. You can engage with ALL of the online materials at a time and a pace that works for you.
LIVE Coaching Calls
This clinic includes 6 months of access to live, monthly, peer-supported, interactive, and problem-solving Coaching Calls. In these LIVE Coaching Calls, you will be a part of a professional learning community, led by a Mindful Schools instructor and joined by both graduates of 301: School Implementation Clinic and current students, where we will share best-practices and workshop issues that arise in your particular context.
We strongly recommend that you complete the online course material prior to attending your first LIVE Coaching Call. These calls will focus on the application of the material covered in the course and will assume that participants are coming to this workshop with this knowledge.
LIVE Coaching Calls will take place every 3rd Thursday at 4:00 pm PT.
What does this course cover? What will I learn?
In 301: School Implementation Clinic, you'll learn how to become a mindfulness champion, lead, or coordinator within your school and support your school in building a whole-school mindfulness program - to create a culture of greater awareness, resilience, and kindness.
- Gain insight into how to plan and implement a schoolwide mindfulness program at your school
- Access a toolkit with resources, forms, and tangible resources to use immediately to support your schoolwide program
- Receive support from a community of mindful educators who are also working on schoolwide implementation within monthly clinic calls
- Have your questions answered by our experienced mindfulness coach via monthly clinic calls
- Create a research-based mindfulness program for your school that will help decrease teacher stress and burnout, increase social-emotional and academic outcomes, and cultivate a safe, supportive, and healthy learning environment
- Module I: Considerations
- Module II: Assessing and Building Schools Readiness
- Module III: Assessing and Building Administrative Support
- Module IV: Facilitating the Learning of Peers
- Module V: Concluding Steps
What does the online course content entail?
The online portion of this course includes a combination of video lectures, slide presentations, articles, resources, activities, journal reflections, and guided practice.
Are scholarships or financial assistance available for this course?
Mindful Schools seeks funding to keep our course fees low and create access for the community. We have reduced the fees for 101: Mindfulness Foundations as part of this effort, and have established a Equity in Action Scholarship Fund for our two year-long leadership programs, Mindful Teacher and the Schoolwide Implementation Program. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have the financial capacity to offer reduced fees for 301: School Implementation Clinic. We encourage you to approach your school for support, or explore resources such as DonorsChoose.org.