- Price: The cost is $550 USD
- Course Duration: 6 hours of online content. 6 months access to live Coaching Calls
- Location: Online
- Content Availability: All online content available upon enrollment
- Mental Health Professional CEU Availability: No
- Educator CEU Availability: Yes
- Prerequisite: Mindful Educator Essentials
In this article, learn more about:
- Who is this course for?
- When can I access the course?
- Time commitment
- Live Coaching Calls
- What does this course cover? What will I learn?
- Course content
- Professional credits and CEUs
- Financial Assistance
Who Is This For?
The School Implementation Clinic is for educators who are passionate about implementing a mindfulness program across all aspects of their school community. Perhaps you need help proposing a mindfulness program to your school principal, or require support in developing a professional development session for your school’s staff. This clinic will provide the necessary tools, community and expertise to help you get there. This course is not intended to prepare participants to serve as outside providers.
When can I access the course material?
The School Implementation Clinic is an on-demand course.You will have access to all of the online course materials within one business day of your registration. You will not need to wait for the modules to unlock week by week - rather, all of the content is open at once. You can engage with ALL of the online material at a time and a pace that works for you.
How much time will I need to devote to the course each week?
We estimate that, for most participants, the online content of the School Implementation Clinic will take approximately six hours to complete. In addition to the online content, you will have access to monthly, live, one-hour Coaching Calls for six months.
Live Coaching Calls
This clinic includes 6 months of access to live, monthly, peer-supported, interactive and problem-solving Coaching Calls. In these Coaching Calls, you will be a part of a professional learning community, led by a Mindful Schools instructor and joined by both graduates of the School Implementation Clinic and current students, where we will share best-practices and workshop issues that arise in your particular context. We strongly recommend that you complete the online course material prior to your first Coaching Call. These calls will focus on the application of the material covered in the course and will assume that participants are coming to this workshop with this knowledge.
Live Coaching Calls will take place every 3rd Thursday at 4:00 p.m. PT.
What does this course cover? What will I learn?
Through this experience, educators will:
- Gain insight into how to plan and implement a school-wide mindfulness program at your school
- Access a toolkit with resources, forms, and tangible resources to use immediately to support your school-wide program
- Receive support from a community of mindful educators who are also working on school wide implementation within monthly clinic calls
- Have your questions answered by our experienced mindfulness coach via monthly clinic calls
- Create a research-based mindfulness program for your school that will help decrease teacher stress and burn-out, increase social/emotional and academic outcomes, and cultivate a safe, supportive and healthy learning environment
- Module I. Considerations
- Module II. Assessing and Building School Readiness
- Module III. Assessing and Building Administrative Support
- Module IV. Facilitating the Learning of Peers
- Module V. Concluding Steps
What does the online course content entail?
The online portion of this course includes a combination of video lectures, slide presentations, articles, resources, activities, journal reflections, and guided practice.
Can I receive Professional Credits for this course?
At this time S.I.C. does not offer CE for Mental Health Professionals, but graduate level credits are available for course graduates who are educators. Just check the box on your registration form as you check out and we'll send you more information. For more information, see our article on professional credits.
This clinic is designed for educators who have an established mindfulness practice and experience implementing mindfulness practices to students, but need support in working with adults and/or advocating for a mindfulness program at their school. As such, we require that participants take Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials prior to participating in this clinic.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide financial assistance for this course at this time.
Click here to Register for the School Implementation Clinic.