In this article, learn more about:
- Course Length
- Weekly time commitment
- When can I access the course?
- Course work
How long are your Courses?
- 6 Weeks: Mindfulness Fundamentals, Mindful Educator Essentials,
and Difficult Emotions
- 8 Weeks: Mindful Communication
How much time will I need to devote to the course each week?
We suggested allocating the following amount of time for each of our courses:
- Mindfulness Fundamentals: 2 to 4 hours per week
- Mindful Educator Essentials: 3 to 6 hours per week
- Difficult Emotions: 3 to 6 hours per week
- Mindful Communication: 3 to 6 hours per week
When can I access the course material?
You can login and access the course any time, according to your own schedule. We release new content each week. This means that you won't be able to access week two of your course unless you've completed week one AND one week has passed since the course began.
Is the course self-paced? Can I go through the material on my own schedule?
You're not required to be online at any specific time, and can work through the course at your own pace. That said, we highly recommend you keep up with the course from one week to the next to ensure you can interact with classmates while learning the new material.
What does the coursework entail?
Our courses include a combination of video lectures, reading, and weekly assignments. The assignments include the following components:
- Reading: Weekly lessons and insights from your Guiding Teacher
- Listening: 1 to 5 guided audios, each ranging between 2 to 30 minutes depending on the course
- Writing: Roughly one to two short paragraphs per week
- 20 minutes of daily seated mindfulness practice highly recommended. Participants in Mindfulness Fundamentals will work towards this during the 6 week course.
- Mindful Educator Essentials includes practice teaching our curriculum with another person (not required to practice with youth).
- Mindful Communication includes practicing the skills learned in the course with a communication buddy. Participants have the opportunity to find a buddy with another member of the course.
Do your courses have live webinars?
Mindful Educator Essentials, Difficult Emotions and Mindful Communication each include an optional live webinar mid-way through the course. If you can't attend the live webinar, you'll be able to view a recording of it later.
Can I receive financial aid?
We offer financial aid for the Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials courses. If you are interested in financial aid, please see this support article.