- Price: The cost is $125 USD
- Course Duration: 8 Weeks
- Location: Online
- Content Availability: New content is provided weekly.
- Suggested Allocated Time: 3 to 6 hours per week
- Mental Health Professional CEU Availability: No
- Educator graduate level credits Availability: No
In this article, learn more about:
- Professional credits and CEUs
- Weekly time commitment
- When can I access the course?
- Course work
Can I receive Professional Credits for this course?
No. At this time MC does not offer CEUs for Mental Health Professionals or Educator graduate level credits. The rest of our courses offer CEUs and graduate level credits.
How much time will I need to devote to the course each week?
For most participants, our MC course takes between 3 to 6 hours per week.
When can I access the course material?
You can login and access the course any time, according to your own schedule. We release new content each week. This means that you won't be able to access week two of your course unless you've completed week one AND one week has passed since the course began.
Is the course self-paced? Can I go through it on my own schedule?
You're not required to be online at any specific time, and can work through the course at your own pace. That said, we highly recommend you keep up with the course from one week to the next to ensure you can interact with classmates while learning the new material.
What does the coursework entail?
Our courses include a combination of video lectures, reading, and weekly assignments. The assignments include the following components:
- Reading: Weekly lessons and insights from your Guiding Teacher
- Listening: One guided practice per week, ranging between 20 to 25 minutes
- Lectures: Two to for video lectures per week, 30-45 minutes in total
- Writing: Roughly one to two short paragraphs per week
- 20 minutes of daily seated mindfulness practice highly recommended.
- 20-30 minutes of practicing the skills learned in the course with a communication buddy. Participants will have an opportunity to connect with another participant in the course to find a buddy.
Does this course have a webinar?
Yes! MC includes an optional live webinar with one of our Program Staff or the Guiding Teacher, mid-way through the course. If you can't attend the webinar, you'll be able to view a recording of it later.
For information on how to access your course's webinar, see this support article.
Are there scholarships or financial aid for this course?
No. At this time we are not able to offer scholarships for the Mindful Communication course.
Click here to Register for Mindful Communication