If you can't move forward in the course, it's likely because you haven't completed a required activity. You can tell if this is what's happening by seeing if the little green box next the to activity is checked off or not.
To figure out what's going on, try the following steps:
- Ensure that the activity is fully complete. Re-read the instructions in the activity and verify that you've completed all of the steps in the course.
- If it's a writing assignment or group forum, check that you've replied to the forum correctly. You can reply to a forum by following these steps (examples in screen shots below):
- Click on the activity in the course (screen shot 1)
- Once you enter the activity, click on the link with the name of the writing forum (screen shot 2 below)
- Once you've entered the forum, read the prompt at the top of the page, and then click the 'Reply' link on the bottom right side of the prompt (screen shot 3).
- Once you've entered the reply screen, paste or type your response to the forum prompt in the 'Message' box and click 'Post to Forum' when you're done (screen shot 4).
NOTE: We generally recommend that participants answer the writing prompt in a Word document, save it on their device, and then copy and paste it into the writing forum. This way you will have a copy for your records in case of any technical errors while trying to complete the writing prompt.
The next steps are only relevant for certain forums in Mindfulness Fundamentals, in which you need to reply to another participant's response. Check whether or not this is part of the instructions for the forum.
- After you post your own reply to the forum, you'll be taken back to the forum prompt page (screen shot 3).
- Scroll down to see the responses from other folks. Choose someone to whom you want to reply, and click the 'Reply' on the bottom right side of their response (screen shot 5)
- NOTE: If you are the first person to post to the forum, you'll need to reply to your own post in order to move forward through the course! (You can return later to reply to someone else's if you like.)
- As above, type your reply in the message box, then click 'Post to Forum' when you are finished responding (screen shot 4). You'll be taken back to the prompt page once more. From there, you can go back to the Course Dashboard and move forward to the next activity.
Screen Shot 1:
Screen Shot 2:
Screen Shot 3: